Pest Management Foundation Announces Recipients of 2023-2024 Student Scholarships
The Pest Management Foundation Scholarship Program has announced the recipients of its 2023-2024 Scholarships.
Endowed Scholarship Recipients
The following are the recipients of the Foundation’s various endowed scholarships. These scholarships were awarded based on criteria established by each donor in the amount of $1,000 each.
- All-American Pest Control Steam Trailblazer Scholarship, endowed by All-American Pest Control
Recipient: Ann Marie Robinson-Baker, Florida A&M University
- Arrow Exterminators Endowed Scholarship, endowed by Arrow Exterminators
Recipient: Olivia Katz, University of Kentucky
- Bruce and Evelyn Bowman Scholarship, endowed by Bowman Termite and Pest Management
Recipient: Nelani Faatiliga, Central Piedmont Community College, Cato Campus
- Daniel J. & Robert E. Klein Scholarship, endowed by Andrew Klein.
Recipient: Kaila O’Connor, Columbia University
- Emily and Hugh Kendrick Family Scholarship, endowed by Emily and Hugh Kendrick
Recipient: Lauren Lewis, Wesleyan High School, Peachtree Corners, GA
- Sprague Pest Solutions Scholarship, endowed by Sprague Pest Solutions
Recipient: Ben Grady, University of Kentucky
First announced at PestWorld 2022 in Boston, the Foundation’s endowed scholarship program allows donors to establish an endowed scholarship that can be custom-named for individuals, companies, or organizations. The minimum gift to establish an endowed scholarship is $25,000 and gifts may be paid all at once, or over a five-year period.
These scholarships represent a commitment to the development of the next generation of pest management professionals through the support of students pursuing higher education and to those parents and families working in the field.
Pest Management Foundation Student Scholarship Recipients
The Foundation also announced the recipients of this year’s Pest Management Foundation Student Scholarships. These scholarships were awarded to five outstanding students at accredited entomology programs at U.S. colleges or universities in the amount of $2,000 each.
This year’s recipients are:
- Samantha Dilday, Washington State University
- Kiara Ivy, Florida A&M University
- Isabelle Lucer, University of Kentucky
- Simona Principato, University of Kentucky
- Sangwoo Seok, University of Florida
All scholarship applications for the upcoming year will open on October 1.