- Leadership Programs
Up to 9 weeks, 30 minutes/week. Same time every week.
Once your Hive is done, that's it. You continue your career with the expanded network and friendships you have built. We encourage you to stay in touch with each other via e-mail, social media, and attending industry events. You are welcome to participate in future Hives to continue to grow your network.
Who You'll Meet
In your Hive, you’ll meet folks who are here to provide mutual support and motivation in each other’s professional journeys. We’ll handpick and introduce you to a group of 5-7 fellow NPMA members.
How It Works (for a Hive of 7):
- Everyone completes this form.
- Anyone interested in being a Hive moderator will be invited to attend a training webinar (link to register in the confirmation of this survey).
- Our planning committee picks the Hives and Hive moderators.
- Hive moderators will reach out to their Hive in early November to set up the calendar invite. Your Hive moderator is your point of contact for the rest of the program.
- Week 1: meet each other and pick your week
- Weeks 2-8: Each participant has a week where they bring a topic to the group to discuss. So each week a different member gets to ask for advice specific to their career goal and situation. At least 24 hours before your week, send your Hive an e-mail preparing them for the conversation (topic, specific questions you have, resources you are looking for). That gives everyone time to prepare to support you.
If the Hive moderator chooses to, the Zoom may be open for 15 minutes before or after the 30-minute meeting for those who wish to socialize.
- Week 9: Recap and continued connections
You will get out what you put in. Your Hive will expect you to attend the majority of the weekly meetings safely with your camera on. The risks associated with distracted driving, slips, trips, and falls far outweigh your distracted contribution to one week's meeting. Moderators have been instructed to remove anyone who is putting themself at risk and not giving their full attention to the conversation. You will be welcome and encouraged to rejoin once you can do so safely.
NPMA would like to thank the Ellevate Network for their Squads Women's Professional Networking Program which we have modeled our Hives program after.
We expect to host future Hives in February 2024 and August 2024.