- Content Pages
- Emily and Hugh Kendrick Family Scholarship
Emily and Hugh Kendrick Family Scholarship
Application Deadline: November 30, 2023
Donor: Emily and Hugh Kendrick
Award Amount: One (1) award per year totaling $1,000
The Emily & Hugh Kendrick Family Scholarship is designed to be awarded to a student from one of the Kendrick Families home states of Georgia (Emily Thomas Kendrick) or Wyoming (Hugh Cumming Kendrick), or from their adopted state of Colorado. “We remain bullish about the future growth of this great Industry and we’re committed to the development of the next generation of pest management professionals through the support of students pursuing higher education.”
- Student graduating from a high school entering college or trade school.
- Full time student in good academic standing (3.0 GPA or better on a 4.0 scale).
- Priority given to those whose families serve in the pest control industry.
- First preference given to applicants from Georgia, Wyoming, or Colorado. Otherwise, applicant must be from one of the states that Arrow Exterminators does business (GA, FL, TN, VA, NC, SC, KY, AL, MS, TX, AZ).
- Recipients must commit to writing a letter of appreciation outlining how the scholarship has helped them in their academic endeavors.
Application Submission Requirements
- Resume or curriculum vita.
- Current unofficial academic transcript.
- A one-page (minimum) essay describing applicant’s professional goals and aspirations and how he/she plans to use their studies to contribute to a field in urban pest management.
- At least one (1) letter of recommendation from individuals who can speak to the applicant’s work ethic, academic progress, and how he/she plans to use their studies to contribute to their field.
- Other supporting documents (research papers and proposals, faculty research participation, related industry internship participation, fellowship projects, industry work experience, etc.) can also be submitted.