- Leadership Programs
- Leader Launch
- Class of 2023
What is Leader Launch?
Under the umbrella of NPMA’s Leadership Programs, which currently includes the Association Leadership Forum and Executive Leadership Program, Leader Launch is a program intended for a select group of individuals who have been identified as potential future NPMA executive leadership of the association and industry.
Goals of the Leader Launch Program
The Leader Launch Program is intended to:
- Develop a pipeline of diverse, qualified potential volunteer leaders
- Provide individuals with an understanding of their role as a volunteer leader of a non-profit trade association
- Expose participants to the broader industry from the perspective of their potential role as an association officer or other high-level volunteer
How does Leader Launch differ from the Executive Leadership Program?
The Executive Leadership Program (ELP) identifies and trains aspiring association leaders to establish a pipeline of engaged members that represents NPMA’s diverse membership. Leader Launch is a deeper dive into the needed skills for industry and association leadership for selected individuals, many of whom may be graduates of the ELP program.
What is the Leader Launch curriculum?
Leader Launch is an 18-month program, with the inaugural class beginning in January 2023. The program includes in-person and virtual sessions, as well as attendance at major NPMA events.
Individuals will participate in class roundtables, and group coaching sessions, and learn the SERVE model of leadership. The SERVE Model is a leadership framework designed to teach the five fundamental skills of leading others. Participants will learn to clarify their vision, develop people, reinvent continuously, understand their relational or results bias, and the importance of embodying the values. Each of the skills has three best practices to help learners build the fundamentals into their leadership.
Additional sessions will include:
- Association leadership and history
- Media training and public speaking
- Meeting facilitation and Robert’s Rules of Order
- Inclusivity, Diversity and Equity (IDE)
- Association Ambassadorship
- Consensus Building and Difficult Conversations
- Servant Leadership
- Understanding Non-profit Financials
- Time Management
NuBorn Pest Control
PestStop Pest Control
President and Owner
EcoChoice Termite and Pest Control
ZipZap Termite & Pest Control
Julie Tesh Clark
Director of Marketing and Communication
Pest Management Systems, Inc. (PMi)