- Content Pages
- Joe Thomas Endowed Scholarship
Joe Thomas Endowed Scholarship
Application Deadline: November 30, 2023
Donor: Arrow Exterminators
Award Amount: One (1) award per year totaling $1,000
Arrow Exterminators has been protecting the health and property of customers for more than 58 years. From humble beginnings in 1964 when the company started in the back of a beauty parlor, to where we are today operating in 12 states with 165 locations and revenues exceeding $350 million dollars. Part of Arrow’s mission has always been to support the communities that support us. This scholarship is another way of doing just that, giving back to those communities. Arrow Exterminators is proud to establish and support this $25,000 scholarship program that will carry the name of Arrow’s owner and visionary, Joe Thomas, into the future in perpetuity. The year 2022 represents the 50th year that Joe has been serving the pest management industry and we are honored to establish this scholarship in his honor. This scholarship will be awarded annually to reflect Arrow’s commitment to the industry. This scholarship is designed to be complimentary to existing scholarships within Arrow and the industry.
- Currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate college students majoring in any field at the University of Tennessee.
- Priority given to those whose families serve in the pest control industry.
- Must have completed at least two semesters of study with at least one year remaining for degree completion.
- Full time student in good academic standing (3.0 GPA or better on a 4.0 scale)
- Recipients must commit to writing a letter of appreciation outlining how the scholarship has helped them in their academic endeavors.
Application Submission Requirements
- Resume or curriculum vita.
- Current unofficial academic transcript.
- A one-page (minimum) essay describing applicant’s professional goals and aspirations and how he/she plans to use their studies to contribute to a field in urban pest management.
- At least one (1) letter of recommendation from individuals who can speak to the applicant’s work ethic, academic progress, and how he/she plans to use their studies to contribute to their field.
- Other supporting documents (research papers and proposals, faculty research participation, related industry internship participation, fellowship projects, industry work experience, etc.) can also be submitted.