- Content Pages
- Bruce and Evelyn Bowman Endowed Scholarship
Bruce and Evelyn Bowman Endowed Scholarship
Application Deadline: November 30, 2023
Donor: Bowman Termite and Pest Management
Award Amount: One (1) award per year totaling $1,000
Bowman Termite and Pest Management has generously endowed the Bruce and Evelyn Bowman Scholarship. The $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a graduating high school senior each year in the state of Hawaii who has a parent or guardian working in pest management.
- Student graduating from a high school located in Hawaii and entering college or trade school.
- Unweighted high school GPA of 3.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale
- Parent or guardian working in the pest control industry.
- Recipients must commit to writing a letter of appreciation outlining how the scholarship has helped them in their academic endeavors.
Application Submission Requirements
- Resume or curriculum vita.
- Current unofficial academic transcript.
- A one-page (minimum) essay describing applicant’s professional goals and aspirations and how he/she plans to use their studies to contribute to their field.
- At least one (1) letter of recommendation from the applicants teacher or counselor addressing the applicant’s progress in studies, and his or her work ethic.
- Other supporting documents (research papers and proposals, faculty research participation, related industry internship participation, fellowship projects, industry work experience, etc.) can also be submitted.