Blue Ribbon Bed Bug Task Force
The NPMA Blue Ribbon Bed Bug Task Force is a broad-based stakeholder group whose goal is the development of an industry-wide comprehensive response to the bed bug pandemic sweeping the globe, including education, standards, policy, and research.
NEW! Commercial Protocols Now Available
The Professional Pest Management Alliance (PPMA) has created the following guidelines to help various commercial markets respond to concerns about bed bugs and understand considerations for developing bed bug action plans. NPMA members are encouraged to share these guidelines directly with their customers at www.allthingsbedbugs.org. NPMA would like to thank PPMA’s Guardians and Contributors for making these valuable educational resources available.
- NEW! Bed Bug Efficacy (NPMA Staff Liaisons: Jim Fredericks and Bob Rosenberg)
Dozens or hundreds of products have been introduced into professional, institutional and consumer markets to combat the resurgence of bed bugs. Many of these products work well, but many don't. Few of them have any scientific data demonstrating whether they work or achieve the results they promise to deliver. At the current time, no government agency is requiring efficacy data or testing these products to determine whether they work. To address this issue, NPMA Blue Ribbon Bed Bug Task Force members have partnered with a diverse group of stakeholders to create a Bed Bug Efficacy Workgroup that is working on developing performance standards and test conditions for a wide range of these products.
- Best Management Practices, Credentialing, Certification and Training (NPMA Staff Liaisons: Andrew Architect and Jim Fredericks)
- Public Policy (NPMA Staff Liaison: Gene Harrington)
- Public Outreach, Education, Messaging and Data Needs (NPMA Staff Liaisons: Missy Henriksen and Janay Rickwalder)
- Research and Efficacy (NPMA Staff Liaison: Jim Fredericks)
- Licensing Requirements for Persons/Companies Performing Bed Bug Inspections and Non-Chemical Services
- White Paper on Bed Bug Related Policy Issues
- Formation of State/Municipal Bed Bug Task Force/Working Group/Advisory Committee
- Government Funded Bed Bug Research
- Registering New/Existing/Legacy Pesticides for the Professional Market for the Control of Bed Bugs
- Assigning of Specific Responsibilities to Landlords, Tenants & Pest Management Professionals in the Management & Prevention of Bed Bug Infestations in Multi-Family Housing
- Including Bed Bugs in the Legal Definition of "Vermin" or "Pest"